Monday, January 12, 2009

The Gift 5 and sussies for all!

Before we find out who has been leaving Samantha mysterious gifts, we have some fun awards to hand out.

First, my buddy Illegally Blond at
Could've Been Blonde gave me the New Year Eve's Award.


The rules of the award are:

- You must be a true lover of the New Year to receive this award. The person to whom you give the award must also be in love with the New Year.
- List 5 things that you love about the New Year. If you can't limit it to 5 things, then keep going till you run out of space.
- Pass the award along to as many people as you like. That can be 1 or 50. It's up to you! But keep the New Year cheer going.
- Let your recipients know that you have tagged them by leaving a comment on their site. Also, link back to the person who gave you the award.



5 things I love so far about 2009:




1) Having the best ham and swiss sandwich and pecan pie at lunch with Libby Lou.


2) These two.





3) The man who offered to go see Inkheart with me. Without being in trouble. Without me having to whine, withhold cinnamon rolls or nag.



4) Having Ironworks with Dad. (Do you see a theme of lunch here?)


5) All of you leaving me such sweet messages every day and actually reading my stories! And like them! And wanting more!!!



And now, for the five friends who get this fabulous award...


1) Blue Violet at
An nut in a nutshell

2) Elizabeth at Behind the Wheel Chef


3)
Reeni at Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice


4) Diana at Diana Takes a Bite


5) Kristen at
Pulsipher Predilections




And speaking of Blue Violet, she was kind enough to award me the honest scrap award again.


The rules for this award are:


1. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.

2. Show the 7 winners' names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Scrap.” Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.


3. List at least ten honest things about yourself.

Well, I'll skip number three because you're going to learn more than you ever wanted to know about me on Friday during the
Blond Duck Confessions. That's right. Friday, I'll tell you everything you ever wanted and didn't want to know about me. Want to know if I ever wet my bed? What my worst fear is? My most embarrassing moment? My favorite high school memory? Are you dying to know who my favorite author is? Well, I'll tell you! Just leave your questions in the comments and all will be answered Friday. And the winners are....

1)
Pumpkin

2) Lilly

3) Melissa

4) Illegally Blond at Could've Been Blonde

5) Elle

6) Heather

7)
Sharon

Finally, did you read the interview with the Cookie-stealing bunny?

What about
candy animals?

What about the
special edition of the gift?

Ok. You may proceed. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"No one wants me back," Samantha said flatly as Ashley dragged her into the cabin's tiny kitchen. She plopped down at the table and slid her socks around the wooden floor. Watching as Ashley fired up her laptop, she traced her finger across the smooth table's surface.

"This pendant is amazing," Ashley murmured, twisting it gently under the florescent lights. "If this is fake, I'll do a tap dance in a pink mumu."

"I'd pay to see that." The two women turned to see Jeremy standing in the doorway. His grin faded at their frosty expressions. "Can I talk to you?" he asked. His wounded eyes held Samantha's. Against her better judgement, she found herself standing.

"Just for a few minutes," Ashley warned, her lip curling. "We're in the middle of something."

"Hopefully breakfast," Jeremy said.

"Not really," Ashley hissed. "Perhaps you could pick us up some. That is, if you're not afraid we'll blow the roof off the house with our ginourmous hips."

Samantha couldn't help snorting. Jeremy sighed. "Are you ever going to get over that? I thought she'd like the work out DVDs. Women like to improve themselves, right?" He was met with two fiery glares. " Can you forgive me?"

"Doubtful," Samantha growled.

"Of course not," Ashley replied, her tone shocked. "What good would I be as a friend if I did?"

Jeremy muttered under his breath as Samantha followed him into the tiny dining room. He shut the kitchen door behind her and blew out through his lips.

"Listen, Sam," he said, running his hand through his mussed mane. "I'm really sorry."

The only thing Samantha could think was if he really knew her, he would know never to call her Sam.

"I was a fool," he continued, pacing around the dark oak dining room chairs. "I should have realized you were waiting for me to...give you something more substantial. The thing is, the time just isn't right for me."

"To what, Jeremy?" Samantha was surprised at the calmness of her voice. "To propose?"

Jeremy coughed, turning red. "Er, yes."

"Then when will it be the right time?" Samantha asked, fluttering her eyelashes. "A year? Two? Three?"

"I just don't feel it's the right time to take that step," Jeremy stuttered. "I mean, neither of us are really adults yet. You and your friends cooked up this elaborate scheme to make me jealous and wanted to party for a week alone in your parent's cabin. Then the first time you get mad you kick me out"--

"Excuse me," Samantha interrupted. "Scheme?"

"Yea, scheme," Jeremy replied. "This whole mysterious gift thing? The flower? Are you trying to tell me some guy is so in love with you he's leaving these little elaborate gifts everywhere? Please. No guy does that."

Her cheeks flooded with color and her fingers itched to slap him. As she stared into his smug, sneering face, she could feel the anger boiling within her chest. "Not a guy," she spat. "A man. A true man. And he's real. A lot more real than you." Whirling around, she slammed the kitchen door behind her. Ashley squealed and waved a banana at her.

"Samantha! Oh my God. Look at this," she shrieked, ignoring Samantha's red face and shaking hands. "You won't believe this." She pointed to the computer screen.

Biting her tongue so hard it bled, Samantha leaned over and stared at the screen. It was filled with a single image. She looked at the pendant, then back at the image. They were identical.



"It's a Celtic love pendant," Samantha breathed.

She looked at Ashley. In unison they breathed the same word. "Rouge."

To be continued....


Stay tuned, Invisible Friends! Tomorrow we have a ode to something we all can agree on. Wednesday we have a new Twirl, low-fat chicken pot pie Thursday and the Blond Duck confessions Friday!

49 comments:

WillowLakeScents said...

Happy Monday from one SITSta to another !

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Congrats on the awards!

tavolini said...

LOL, withholding cinnamon rolls!

My gosh, the puppies have grown up so much!

Marjie said...

You have much fun in the Pond in 2009 indeed!

Spring M Fricks said...

Okay, seriously, you are killing me. It's like watching your favorite show and the dreaded ...to be continued comes up and you just have to wait til next season. Oh, that reminds me, nine more days til LOST!! LOL

Ingrid_3Bs said...

I can't wait to "meet" the guy! I love the "heros" in your stories though Wade is still my fave!
~ingrid

L said...

You're so sweet! I'm glad you're having such a wonderful new year.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

What a great story. I wonder what the celtic pendant means... I hope you have a great day today Duckie!

XOXOXOXO
Jen

Just say Julie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Those puppies are adorable.. makes me want one, but I'm not sure how my cat would react.

Anonymous said...

You have captured the truly cluess boyfriend so well with Jeremy! LOL!

And congrats on your awards!!

{leah} said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Great story and I love the Cletic pendent.

Have a GREAT!! New Year!

Melissa Miller said...

Hello! :)
You are so kind and generous to think of me for this award.
Thank you!

How's that CSB?
Looking forward to to your interview as well.
~Melissa :)

Grammy Staffy said...

I think Samantha is starting to see Jeremy in a better light.

Congrats on your awards and to those you passed them on to.

Have a great New Year

Pam said...

I am liking this story as much as Twirl. Can't wait to see who Rogue is. Love the celtic love pendant.

Kristina P. said...

You are too sweet! Thank you! And that pendant is gorgeous.

grace said...

congrats, and may i say that puppies of any species are cute, but yours could quite possibly be the cutest of all. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Miss Duck, this is all too fabulous! We are having a blast with your blog and The Gift!

Thanks for popping in for a visit; we'll definitely be coming back to see you!

tp

Debbie said...

Congrats on the awards! I look forward to your creative writing each day.

Reeni said...

Congrats on your awards!! Thanks for tagging me! I must know who is this mysterious being, I think I'm in love with another one of your fictional 'men'! I can't wait to find out what's in that envelope of Wade's, your going to let us know on Wed. right? Right! Cause I might burst if you don't!!!!

Julie said...

congrats on the awards! And you are right we need a bubble... I would gladly accept one. This is ridiculous!!!!!

Unknown said...

You are just piling up the awards! Nicely done.

Finla said...

That is what i call a wonderufl start for Newyear.
I wish that whole year would be like thgs for you.

Shell in your Pocket said...

Congrats!!! How fun on all your awards!
Stop by my giveaway today! :)
-sandy toe

Mandy said...

Congrats on the awards! Well deserved. :)

Lore said...

Congrats Duckie! Those two look adorable but where's the dolphin?

Rachel said...

Thanks for coming by to say hello; what a cute blog you have!

And must I mention what a great writer!!! Love how you write...good luck on getting published :)

growingupartists said...

Low-fat chicken pot pie, could it really be possible?

Jen Sue Wild said...

What grea awards!
I know i always love to read your stories.

Jenni said...

Oh your doggies are CUUUUUUTE! Congrats on the awards!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the awards. It must be an honest scrap kind of day.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. My lack of imagination is what is bothering me the most lately. I love all your stories, they are so entertaining!

Diana said...

I love this story!!! I want a pendant from a REAL man! ;)

Anonymous said...

Poor Jeremy, he really is clueless isn't he! :P

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the awards and I was laughing at the withholding of cinnamon rolls

Anonymous said...

Where is this pendant from? (biting nails in anticipation)

And,thank you for the award. You're just too sweet! :)

The Happy Mom said...

Congrats on the award! Thanks for stopping by my blog, SITSta!!

Your puppies are SO adorable! :)

Becky said...

Those puppies could melt my heart! Oh. My. Goodness. What sweetness!

Frizzy said...

I started writing the Fuzzy Duck and Yellow Chickens next date but I'm stumped. I accidently deleted your email. Could you resend it to me and I'll email you what I've got. Maybe you'll have some ideas.

Heather said...

this is my favorite story!! i cannot wait to read more!

a few other comments:

1 - thank you for the award! you are so sweet. i get so behind in blogging about awards, or forget them completely, but i have bookmarked this one so i won't forget!!

2 - you are SO lucky that you don't live near me. because i would totally steal your dogs. i cannot handle their cuteness!!!!!!!!!!

3 - mmmmmm. tummy rumbling... that lunch with the pecan pie sounds mighty good!

Lisa Petrarca said...

Great story! I'm captivated...I love Rogue's!LOL.

Thanks for stopping by my Blog. I'm just starting to write a book after wondering what I should write about. I recently received my answer and am trying to commit to 30 min. a day. I wish I didn't have to work a day job so I could write all the time.

I'll definitely be back by!!

Jan said...

Great job, Duckie. I'll look forward to your confessions on Friday.

Navita (Gupta) Hakim said...

another great story bit...hmmm..

u know wht i saw a pic of u at the steak house/bbq...n i can't get it out of my head...i see myself in u...i care a damn about anything when it comes to eating good food...thtat i love...;p

Megan said...

I got a little behind in my blogg reading and I have missed your wonderful storys. Now I'll go play catch up. Cant wait to see the low fat chicken pot pie!

Calamity Cookie said...

Rogue is a very cool name! I hope he's super cool:)

Elizabeth said...

Love the pics!! And, Samantha should really dump this guy!! I hope that happens (hint hint)... :)

Tatersmama said...

Awwwwwwww
Don't stop now!
*pouting*
And those puppies? OMG... I'm melting!

Anonymous said...

The picture of the dogs is tooooo cute. They definitely are adorable. Love the Celtic pendant, but what does it all mean?

Sharon said...

THANK YOU for the award! I'm definitely looking forward to the confessions :)

The dogs...so cute!

Marie Rayner said...

Oh gosh. so much goodness here this morning. Two Awards Duckie, well deserved I might add! You GO girl! Loved this latest edition of the gift as well. It's wonderful!! I can't wait to see what happens next!! That Jeremy is a real jerk. I hope Samantha kicks him to the curb once and for all!! XXOO Love ya loads!

Cakelaw said...

I love the first MeMe - the photos are just gorgeous.