Friday, September 19, 2008

Love letter to a dolphin


Oh Dolphin. How I love you.




From your squishy tail to your large blue belly, I love every fiber of you.




You've always been there for me, Dolphin. Every night, I drag you out of the toy basket and drag you along by the tail as we frolic in the Pond. We run to the kitchen to the Blond Duck's office, with the air conditioning running through our fur (even if you won't admit it, I know you have fur, it's blue.) Even when we were in Shreveport and the evil white Chihuahua Ace kidnapped you, you were not tempted. You did not let him chew on your tail. Because you are mine. And I am yours.


It's true. He loves that dolphin.



We've made it through some rough times, dolphin o'mine. But even when I tore your mouth open and flung your stitching around the living room, you forgave me. You knew I was young and stupid. Now your smile is even prettier.




When we're together, I'm fall into a daze of happiness. My eyes glaze over, my jaw clamps snugly around your tail and sometimes, I even fall to sleep curled in the crook of your blue back.



The thing I love best about you, Dolphin? You don't judge me. You love my wuffles, think my pooch is adorable and giggle at my terrible gas. When Bitty lets out her famous banshee screams in the middle of the night, you are always there to comfort me. You love me for who I am, wuffles and all.

Oh Dolphin. How I love thee. I wuffle only for you.


Love,

Bear

(Wuffle)

19 comments:

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

I was cracking up laughing and "awe how cute" at the same time. What a day brightener to read this first thing.

Marjie said...

Bear's dolphin is as big as he is! Probably the same size as Thor's lobster. I love your picture sequence and narration; it's so cute!

Chronicles of Dolliedaydream said...

Awwww the last photo is too too cute - Happy Weekend Duckie - Kisses Kitty !

The W.O.W. factor! said...

Oh what a cute story! I was chuckling the whole way.
We have Yorkie (actually 2 but one doesn't like toys) that has a "carrot"...for 7 years now, it is HIS buddy!
Aren't our pets wonderful entertainment?!

tavolini said...

hahahaha--I love that!

Kitt said...

Awwww. Farts only a dolphin could tolerate, eh? Too cute. (I can empathize.)

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Anonymous said...

I had a dog who couldn't live without his lobster. Why do these dogs love the sea animals?

Bunny said...

He's so cute (Bear) hee hee. He always has a friend in Dolphin.

JEWELGIRL said...

This lovie fest is so cute! My
cat used to carry around a big stuffed penguin so I understand the intensity Bear has for dolphin!
So cute!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

It's so sweet how much your cute puppy loves his little friend. Isn't it funny how animals get attached like that? Our puppy has a little stuffed dog that she loves to sleep with. So sweet! I hope you had a wonderful day today Duckie with your sweet hubby!

Jane said...

giggles, Cute. Jane x

Debbie said...

What a cute story! I also have two chihuahua's and they are the sweetest dogs I've ever had.....

Anonymous said...

"Ode to a Dolphin" haha..I love it! And the little one is adorable :)

Clumbsy Cookie said...

Oh! Animal love is the best! Lol! Soooooooo cute!

Cynthia's Blog said...

I love that post. You have been tagged. Read my most recent post.

Emma Sanders said...

How darling!

Anna M. said...

I love it...thanks for making me giggle today! =)

Marie Rayner said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR DUCKIE, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! Hope you have a fabulous day and that you enjoy all the pie! I love Bear and your tales of the pooches. I wish Jess would sit still long enough for me to take her picture . . . Love you!

Maria said...

Cute! Looks like you had a fun party!! Good for you!