Thursday, September 04, 2008

Get your biscuits in the oven and your buns in the...



We've talked about nachos....





We've talked about meat pies....






We've drooled over quiche...




Composed odes of joy to French Toast...wait a minute...that's another post.




And although I haven't penned a sonnet about them in quite awhile, we can't forget my all-time favorite: waffles.



But today, it's all about the biscuits.



Homemade, tasty, fresh out of the oven, still warm biscuits.




You see, biscuits have a special place in my heart. Not only are they tasty, but they remind me of back to school and mornings before hitting the lake in my parents' boat. Well, I may not get to go on the boat as much as I'd like. I might not to get to sit in a new classroom with nervous anticipation and new people surrounding me....




But I can eat some biscuits! Hot, tasty biscuits!



Excuse me. I've got a date with some biscuits and a tub of butter.

16 comments:

Prudy said...

I have been thinking about biscuits and how I did not make them once this summer. I'm inspired now. I think I'll make a batch for dinner. My family will think I'm a rock star.

Marie Rayner said...

Mmm....biscuits. I always make my mother's biscuit recipe. To me it's the best and everyone who eats them agrees. I think everyone has their own favourites. Yours look mighty good. I like mine hot from the oven with lots of cold butter and peanut butter on them, and a pot stew would not be complete without a fresh pan of biscuits to go along with it!

Marjie said...

You do yours the true southern way, rolled out and cut with the biscuit cutter. Me, I'm lazy; I add a touch of extra liquid and make drop biscuits. There's nothing better with a pot of stew!

Prudy said...

Just posted a sandwich I created for your birthday party....

grace said...

fresh biscuits + tub o' buttah + homemade strawberry jam = heaven on earth. :)

Cynthia's Blog said...

Howdie Partner, No don't live in Texas, But we just came back from three years in the tropics in southeast Asia. I hail from Utah. I am going to go make me some mile high biscuits too. I already have the homemade jelly.

Anonymous said...

Blonde Duck, thanks for the great recipes, and Happy Birthday, I hope it is special, maybe someday I can cook as good as you.

Maria said...

Thanks for visiting our blog. I do hope you have a happy birthday and I am glad I found your blog too!
I love biscuits with honey. They are best fresh out of the oven...yum!

Anonymous said...

Oh these look delicious. I've never met a biscuit I didn't like.

Veronica said...

Biscuits hot enough to melt the butter...what's not to love?

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Fresh, hot biscuits with warm, gooey honey slathered on top -- what's not to love. Yummmmmm.

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

All this food is aming me hungry!And birthday wishes to you!

Marjie said...

I just found Prudy's mention of your birthday. Happy Birthday, whenever it is!

Unknown said...

If nothing else, you sure do eat well.

Bunny said...

Oh your biscuitsw look wonderful! Come visit me I have an award for you!

Lore said...

Oh my, those are some really tasty biscuits! I don't want to miss your birthday so I'm wishing you the most delish days all-year round :D