Monday, September 08, 2008

Calzones and Cupcakes

There is nothing better than lunch and a chick flick with a girlfriend.



I take that back. There's nothing better than lunch of calzones, a cupcake and a chick flick with your girl friend.


Saturday, my dearest buddy Libby drove to the Pond from her part of town. She met me at Rome's Pizza, a great local pizzeria.



Where we both ordered these: puffy calzones stuffed with ricotta cheese, ham, mozzarella and pepperoni dipped in rich spaghetti sauce.



Since pizza is one of Ben's favorite treats, he joined us and ordered himself a pepperoni pizza.

Happy and full of cheese and meat and bread, we waddled over the to theater to see House Bunny.

But, we got a bit distracted.


You see, we found a cupcake shop with pink chairs and stuffed with adorable little trinkets and treats to eat.


And honestly, how can you resist a Confetti cupcake with rainbow icing? I mean, come on people, it's pink! And it has sprinkles inside. Pink! Sprinkles! Rainbows! Cupcakes!




Well, it was a cupcake. Now it's a fond memory.



While I inhaled my cupcake, Libby took her time to savor hers: a chocolate "peanut butter cup" cupcake.


She thought it was tasty.


Delirious on a calzone and cupcake high, we stumbled back to the theater. For anyone that hasn't seen it, House Bunny is hilarious. It can't compare to Legally Blond, of course. No one can top Elle Woods! But it was cute.

After the movie, we went back to my house so Libby could see the Babies. She had not seen them since they were six weeks old.


Unfortunately, instead of being the little angels they normally are, they barked. And screamed like banshees. And shivered and trembled and rolled over and acted like Libby was a fire-breathing beast.

I could make excuses about how they just woke up and Ben and I aren't social and they're just skittish.

But really, I just don't think Bitty could handle the competition. While Libby might be the Queen of Fabulousness, Bitty is the Queen of the Pond.

And how could Libby fight that? At least she got a cupcake.

11 comments:

Prudy said...

What a fun day! Can I borrow Libby's shiny hair for the rest of my life??? That pizza with the sesame seeds on the crust looks soo good, not to mention the calzones and the cupcakes.

Anonymous said...

Oh duckie, I had such a blast!! I'm still on a sugar high from that rich super-sweet cuppy cake! :P (Sluuurp) It was so much fun spending the afternoon with you, Ben and the babies. Next time I'll tone down my fabulousness for Princess Bitty. :) Thanks for the compliment Miss Prudy! :D ~Libby

Marjie said...

How long does Queen Bitty tolerate the crown? We got Thor to wear his birthday hat for about 3 seconds after the pictures were taken (look in early May for Thor's birthday).

One of these days, I'm going to convince myself to make calzones. I'll pass on the cupcakes with the pretty frosting, though; too much sugar for me!

jeff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

What a wonderful way to spend the day! I adore cupcakes! The calzone looks very tasty too!

Sorry about the previous post -- I am logged onto my husbands computer and it was set to his ID instead of mine! Woops!

Clumbsy Cookie said...

Movies with girl friends are good but you're so right! Top it with some calzone and you're in heaven! I wish I could have that calzone, it's looks soooooooooo delicious! I don't know what to say about your little princess picture, it's just adorable!

JEWELGIRL said...

Love the dog crown! he he
I would like to try that on my cats
but their would be a lot of scrapping. looks like you had a
great time! Was the movie good?

Unknown said...

Cupcakes! Yumm!!!

Anonymous said...

Those calzones are utterly sinful, oh my goodness. What a great day you had.

Marie Rayner said...

How wonderful that you and Libby got to spend a glorious day together doing girlie things and eating calzone and cupcakes! Those cupcakes look fantastic and I agree with Prudy, so does Libby! What a pretty gal! what a case that Bitty is! She looks so cute in her crown though. It is hard enough to get our Jess to stand still long enough to take a photo we'd never get her to pose with a crown on her head! Well done Bitty! Well done YOU! XXOO

Thistlemoon said...

Oh my goodness that is one adorable little pup! :) Especially with the crown. Too cute - think she'll let me borrow it??? ;)

Sounds like a great day!