Saturday, September 06, 2008

I am brilliant


Well, at least the brilliant Bunny from Bunny's Warm Oven thinks I am! Bunny was kind and generous enough to honor me with this wonderful award. I drool over her lovely baked treats every day and am thrilled she stops by the Pond often. In return, I'll do the right thing and pass it on.

The rules are:

1. Put the logo on your blog
2. Add a link to the person who has awarded you
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs
4. Add links to those blogs on yours and
5. Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs.

So without further ado, I award the Brilliante Weblog Award to...(Grace and the Noble Pig, I would have awarded you but Bunny saved me the trouble!)

1) Marie at
A Year to Oak Cottage. Marie is one of my best buddies. She has to get this!

2) Prudy at
Prudence Pennywise. Not only is she as cheap as me, but she's hilarious, creative and a wonderful lady! I adore visiting her blog and wiggling to that "Bake a cake" song! One of these days, I'm going to invite myself over for supper and never leave.

3) Lore at
Culinarty by Lore. Anyone who can make celery and cheese look divine is brilliant. Lore works it! She's also on my planned dinner invasion list. Best start running now!

4) Kelly at
Sass and Veracity. From her sarcastic pictures to her drool-worthy creations, she accompanies every dish with a fun story.

5) Marjie at
Modern Day Ozzie and Harriet. Yummy bread, sewing, wrangling nine children and a dog named Thor....she's superwoman! (With really tasty recipes.)

6) Jenjen at
Tater Tots and Jello. Not only is Jenjen is always sweet and supportive, but she comes up with phenomenal crafts! I love never knowing what I'll see when I pop over to her page...

And last, but certainly not least....

7)
Clumbsy Cookie! She's a fabulous baker that comes up with the most whimsical creations (Fig week, anyone?)

So ladies, congratulations! You are all brilliant and I love reading your blogs! And thanks Bunny, for the wonderful award!

14 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

You ARE brilliant Duckie! This is so deserved! I am sitting here with flour on my face, mustard on my shirt, and chocolate on my fingers from baking and shaking and cooking (Rumour is there's a Birthday party here today for a certain 70 year old!) and I am grinning from ear to ear because of your kind words! You mean the world to me my sweet friend! Thanks so much from the bottom of my heart!

Prudy said...

Congrats on your award. You are brilliant in my book. Thank you so much for thinking of me to pass on the award and for your kind words. I promise not to be grouchy all day as a result.:)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your well deserved award! Of course you are brillant....

Clumbsy Cookie said...

Of course you are! Congratulations and thank you so much for passing it to me! You are just too sweet and put a big smile on my face!

grace said...

well congratulations! this award is highly appropriate for you and your stories--brilliant, indeed. :)

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Congratulations Duckie on the award! You certainly deserve it will your brilliant stories and delicious recipes. I always look forward to seeing what Miss Pickles has bee up to or your cute dogs. Thanks so much for nominating me too -- I am overwhelmed. You are too nice!

Marjie said...

Thank you, Duckie! You are brilliant! I, too, am a new fan of Miss Pickles, and Thor wants to know if he can send his bones to Queen Bitty by UPS because the fed-ex man doesn't carry cookies in his pocket like Sean McUPS does.

Emily said...

Congrats duck!

A.C. said...

congrats!

Thistlemoon said...

Congrats on your award! Thanks also for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the well-deserved recognition, BD! Couldn't have happened to a better person! Sorry it took so long for me to get over here. Busy weekend! Thanks very, very much for the honor. I just may have to put a silly grinning photo on my blog as a result of this!

Bunny said...

You deserve this and pretty soon everyone will see how Brilliant your star will shine!!

Maria said...

Congrats on the award! It is well deserved.

Lore said...

Duckie you're brilliant on so many levels!!
Congrats on the award and thank you so much for passing it on to me, it means this much (insert the widest spread arms here) coming from you :D, you made my day!
Sending hugs your way.