Sunday, July 27, 2008

All hail Queen Bitty


Bitty, as you might have guessed, is the more dominant of our two darling Chihuahuas.

While Bear is content to spend his days chewing, eating, and chewing some more, Bitty is not.



Surveying her domain.

Bitty needs to control something. She needs to be adored, appreciated and treated like the dictator she is.



Mine.


She has Ben wrapped around her finger.



Mine.

She has me wrapped around her finger.




If you move another inch closer so help me...

And she's got Bear so whipped into shape that she only has to curl her lip and he runs in terror.




But now, Bitty is bored. Just like the royalty of the medieval times, she needs to conquer something new. She needs an adventure.



Today, she found that adventure. She found the Creatures of the Windowsill.



It may look like an average windowsill. But when one peeks closer, one sees dozens of tiny black dots swirling about on the white paint. These tiny creatures are so small that three could fit on the tip of a pencil.


Can I eat them?



Bitty was intrigued. "Foul peasants, what are you doing on the windowsill?" she barked. The Creatures of the Windowsill ignored her and continued scuttling about. This infuriated Bitty.



"Excuse me!" she bellowed. "I'm speaking to you!"
The creatures continued to ignore her.

"Why aren't you listening to me?" she shouted. "I want to know what you're doing?"



She peered down at the windowsill. The creatures froze, finally aware of her presence.


"That's better," she said with satisfaction. "Now listen, little creatures, I want you to do a dance for me." The minuscule creatures stared up at her and refused to move.

"I want you to dance!" she barked. "Dance! Dance now!"


The tiny black dots didn't even quiver. Bitty was amazed. She could control humans with the twitch of her eye and terrify the Dogs Next Door with a low growl. She was a million times these tiny creatures, yet they dared defy her.

Looking around, Bitty lowered her head and stared at the diminutive critters.
"Please dance," she whispered. "I'd love to see you dance."

And just like that, the black dots swirled along the windowsill. They twirled in complex patterns, leaped from side to side and whirled on the white surface. Bitty beamed with pleasure.


"Thank you," she whispered, backing away from the windowsill. She promptly tore after Bear and chased him around the living room.



I let him put his paw there.

After all, a Queen can never reveal her true nature.
She'll control the Creatures of the Windowsill someday. They'll know who's boss.


As soon as she wakes up from her nap.

6 comments:

grace said...

aww--i absolutely love the shot of bitty tucked under ben's chin. so cute. :)

Bunny said...

She's adorable little one, and Ben loves her to bits!!

Bunny said...

oops sorry BEAR!!

Anonymous said...

It is so hard to believe that soooo much "power and grace" could come from such a tiny creature. Thinking about her and recently having seen her in action, it's remarkable that she rules with such an iron paw.....and gets away with it! AND, we love her for it!

Marie Rayner said...

Ohh Miranda. I want one of those so badly. Todd wants to get another dog...I am angling for a bitty of my own. I'd even settle for a bear . . . just so long as I have one of them. Keep your fingers crossed for me. (your toes too!)

ATC said...

I think Bitty needs to meet Mr. B! I'm pretty sure I have the male version to your Bitty!!!