Monday, June 02, 2008

Pocket Full of Sunshine

Until this morning when I had to return to the dark, dull cubicle full of snarky journalists I work with, everything was perfect.

On Friday, I was home by one and greeted with a fun sussy from Shreveport. (See entry below.) I had the entire house clean by 5 p.m. and was treated to a lovely dinner by my Mom and sister. How can you go wrong with calzones?

Saturday, I scurried to the mall in search of sundresses. Several gift cards later, I returned with four sundresses, three skirts and two shirts.

Now, these weren't just any dresses. These were light, colorful dresses. Dresses you could twirl in. Dresses that look as lovely at a summer barbecue as in a nice restaurant. Dresses that actually inspire me to do my hair and put on a little eyeshadow. Whenever I twirl across the carpet in them, I envision dancing across a beach or eating ice cream on a warm summer night. I picture prancing by ponds and chowing down on bacon cheeseburgers.

Speaking of burgers, Ben made these really awesome hamburgers Sunday night. He made mini-burgers from his meatball recipe and boiled them with sausage in a enormous pot of spaghetti sauce. Add a little mozzarella cheese and a biscuit and you have drooolllllll......

As we snuggled with the puppies on the bed, I realized it had been a perfect weekend. Pretty new dresses and skirts, swimming, a movie and homemade meatball burgers I didn't have to cook.

No wonder my pockets are bursting with sunshine.

2 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Mmmmm....Sunday gravy. You didn't tell me your hubbie was Italian! Duckie my sweet, I know the horrible feeling of Monday mornings and having to return to the dungeon. Hopefully it will not always be so. I have faith in your talent as a wonderful children's author. I know it will happen for you one day and probably sooner than later!

Anonymous said...

Simple pleasures in life are the BEST!