Wednesday, January 23, 2008

It's a pie party, people!

"Guess what?" Beverley said when I walked in.

"What?" I asked, immediately excited. I always like anything scandalous. I hoped it was something scandalous.

"It's National Pie Day!" she cried. "We should get some pie!"

"Hooray!" I cheered. I love pie. It's much better than a scandal.

So we planned to go have some pie. Then Libby came in.

"It's National Pie day!" we cried happily. Libby gasped and stuck out her tongue. I watched her carefully. Libby's tongue is a barometer of fun.

"We should have a pie party!" Libby gasped. "With ice cream and whipped cream! We can have apple pie and pecan pie..."

"And chocolate pie," Beverly added.

"And coconut creme pie!" I cried, drooling. "We must have a pie party!" An e-mail invitation later, Beverly was off to pick up the pies and I was off to pick up the ice cream. By 10:30 a.m., we were buzzing with excitement.

At 1 p.m., we carefully laid the pies out on the table. The apple pie stared up at us with it's golden flaky buttery crust. I struggled to withhold my drool as I cut the pie. Beverly eyeballed the chocolate creme pie.

"Isn't it beautiful?" I cooed, my eyes brimming with tears as I stared down at the apple pie. "Is it not delightful?"

"It is," Libby said hungrily, eyeballing the ice cream. "It looks soo good."

The glorious set-up lastly approximately 30 seconds before we all dove in. Thirty minutes later, we were stuffed with pie, ice cream and licking whipped cream off our lips.

"This was a great pie day," Beverley said, looking in a daze at the table.

"It was," I said, sneaking a few bites of pecan pie. "It was a good pie day."

4 comments:

Mom said...

OMG-I just gain 5 pounds reading your blog. Yummy.

Marie said...

Mmmm... I love pie too! Really enjoyed this! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for leaving your most gracious comments! You can certainly add me to your blog list and I shall add you to mine. I am liking what I am seeing here. Pie parties! You are my kind of people!

Mama K said...

You guys will celebrate anything!! Especially if it has to do with PIE!!!!!! Sounded like fun...party on.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,酒店,