Sunday, February 03, 2008

Pumble presents his bread

"Cookies!" Pumble groused, shoving Cookies in the stomach. "You're not doing this right!"

"Well, tell me," Cookies said testily. "How do you suppose you upload photos with wings, hmm? I have feathers! Feathers don't push buttons, you massive insect. You're the expert. You tell me!"

"We must show the world my glorious loaves of bread!" Pumble bellowed. "My cooking show audience is begging for photos! They need pictures!"

"If you already showed them on TV, what's the problem?" Cookies sneered. "Oh, that's right, it was an invisible camera!

"Now, now," Hairy said, trying to calm them. "Look, the photos are up. See? Everyone can see it. Your bread can be seen by the world."

"Good," Pumble said, satisfied. "I hope they enjoy it."

"I'm sure they will," Hairy said, rolling his eyes. "I'm sure they will."




Pumble the Bee showcases his banana nut bread (recipe from Better Homes and Garden's New Cooking.)



Pumble's Pumpkin Bread (he stole the recipie from the Blonde Duck's Mom.)


(use three 8" x 3 7/8" x 2 15/32" disposable cook n' carry pans. Can also use one normal size 1 lb. loaf pan.)

3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3 cups of sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
1 can pumpkin (15 oz.)
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
4 eggs
Mix all dry ingrediants together. Then add the canned pumpkin, oil, eggs and water. Mix well. Pour into three pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes. Check the bread by inserting a toothpick into the center. If it comes out gooey, bake for another 10 to 15 minutes. Wrap in foil for later or eat and enjoy. Pumble advises serving with honey and flower pollen, but that's your choice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This has always been a very popular recipe-I'm glad Pumble approves.

Anonymous said...

As one who ate her fair share of this delicious bread at Christmas time I can attest to its yumminess.