Wednesday, May 07, 2008

I have a purpose

Well, at least Marie thinks I do. Dear, sweet, probably confused Marie from A Year From Oak Cottage has given me the "Blogging with Purpose" award!




I'd like to thank the academy....the legions of editors and agents who have believed in me--never mind. Sorry about that, Invisible Friends.

In all seriousness, I am honored to have received such an award. Marie has always said such kind things about me and given me such wonderful encouragement. She is a true inspiration and uses her cheerful nature and endless creativity to bring joy to others' lives. (To see what she wrote about me, go to www.ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com .)

As Marie requested, I am now going to choose five other bloggers to bestow this award upon. Considering I spend most of my days talking to insects, stuffed animals and my two chihuahuas, this might be more difficult then it looks.

The rules are:

1. Nominate 5 blogs which haven't had this award before

2. each of the blogs must have a purpose

3. the nominated blogs must make a link back to this page

4. the logo from the award must be put on their blog and it must link back to this blog!

Well, I can't do number 4 because I'm not that computer savvy. So go to http://www.ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com. Go anyway. Marie made this amazing peanut butter torte yesterday that I'm still drooling over.

The nominations go to....

1) Emma Sanders! Emma is always trying to improve the writing community and works hard to connect writers to each other. She's personally listened to me whine and read more of my dreadful work than I care to mention. And she likes pie as much as I do. How can you go wrong?

2) Allie at Allie's Musings! (http://allieboniface.blogspot.com.) Allie is a determined writer who has had novels published with Wild Rose Press. She blogs almost daily about life as a romance writer and things going on in the industry.

3) Leespea at But Wait, there's more! (http://leesepea.wordpress.com.) Leespea is a teacher who always manages to find humor in her days teaching junior high students, or "Squirrels." She always manages to make me laugh! And what greater purpose could there be than teaching our future?

4) Posie Gets Cozy. (http://rosylittlethings.typepad.com.) Alicia Paulson is an artist who makes wonderful, delicate charming creations. She designs whimsical handbags, gifts and more. Ya'll have to stop by. She's written a few books and is absolutely inspirational.

5) Cuteoverload.com. They'll never post this award, but they're too cute not to include.

Marie, thanks again. The rest of ya'll, congradulations! Look for a new, exciting, whimsical tale Friday!

4 comments:

Allie Boniface said...

Hey, this is so cool - thanks! I'll blog about this lovely award tomorrow!

Marie Rayner said...

Ohh duckie, you so deserved this award you know! I'll be popping over to check out your recipients and I'll tell them you sent me! XXOO

Emma Sanders said...

You definitely deserved this award. If nothing else, your blog entertains me and lifts me up when I sneak in a peak at my dreadful job!

Thanks for nominating me!

Alicia P. said...

Thank you so much -- I really appreciate that :-)