Thursday, March 27, 2008

Someone in England loves me!



When Marie at http://www.ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/ told me I won her Easter contest a few weeks ago, I was thrilled. For weeks I've been peering in the mailbox, waiting for my sussy from England. Finally, it came today.

The babies were delighted. Even though the package had my name on it, they had decided it must be for them. As arrogant little babies, they think everything that is mine is theirs to chew, munch, nibble or at the very least, sniff.




When I opened the box, I was even more excited. I've never gotten an international package before. However, the babies demanded they should get to peek in first.



They decided they would like a closer sniff.



Ben came home and immediately zeroed in on the chocolate. "These are my favorite," he said, scouring the cabinets and kitchen to find where I had put them. "I love these chocolates," he mumbled, ripping open the package and stuffing them in his mouth.





He really likes the chocolates.







Dear Marie, we here at the Pond really appreciate your generosity. It was very kind of you to ship us a package all the way from Oak Cottage. Ben is beyond excited to munch on his favorite chocolates.




However, I want everyone to know that the package Marie sent said "royal mail" on it, so you know what that means...



Just like I always thought.


I'll just sit here in the buttercups and wait for someone to build me a castle with horses, a few friendly peasants, a dragon and a moat to keep the black night at bay. Bitty and Bear request a royal bedchamber with plenty of bones. Ben just wants to finish Marie's chocolate. (Ignore the weird bunching of my shirt in this photo.)




Thanks again Marie!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ben can always sniff out chocolate. He gets it from his mother and his Nana. It's hereditary unfortunately. (By the way, I checked out Marie's website. She sounds amazing and seems to be a marvelous cook!!) How lovely to have a buddy from England.

Marie Rayner said...

Wow, Ducky, I am sitting here with the hugest grin on my face. Bitty and Bear actually sniffed MY chocolates and Ben, well, what can I say. A man that loves chocolate! That could be a dangerous thing Ducky. I hope you have your own stash hidden in a very safe place! I'm very lucky in that Todd couldn't care less if he has chocolate or not! Whew! I am so glad that you enjoyed them, or what you could get of them and I'm thrilled to think that a little piece of Oak Cottage is now in the Duck pond!

Emma Sanders said...

Great pictures!!!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely story, I sure wish we could find you another princess gown.