Friday, February 06, 2009

The Rubber Chicken talks to the Love Pig



Before we check in with the Rubber Chicken, I have to thank my buddy Jen.



She sent me these great sussies from her vacation: a fabulous shell necklace, tasty chocolates and delicious-smelling lip gloss.

Thanks so much Jen! It was so sweet of you to think of me.



Though it may be awhile until I can wear the necklace.

And now, we find out what the Love Pig can offer the Rubber Chicken...

For the previous edition, go here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




"I am the Love Pig!" the pink pig exclaimed with a snort. His white wings fluttered and he spread his red hooves wide. "And I hear you're looking for your love."




"Yes!" the Rubber Chicken shouted. "I've been searching everywhere for her! I checked with the ducks, the silver banker pig and the Taco Dog. No one knows where she's gone! Can you help me?"



His voice was filled with desperation. As his eyes pleaded with the Love Pig, he felt his heart twist. If he could only talk to the Fuzzy Duck. What if she was trapped in the attic? What if she had been captured by a French chef? What if....He gulped, wincing at his raw throat from the emotion bubbling in his chest. His feathers heaving, he gaped at the Love Pig.





"Don't worry my feathered chicken friend!" the Love Pig shouted. "We'll find her quite easily. What's the last thing you heard?"



"Her friend the mermaid found a note that said she'd gone to save her mother from the Skull Face," the Rubber Chicken informed him. "But why would she just leave without saying anything? We had a date last night."

The Love Pig gulped. "Skull Face? In the attic?"



"Yes," the Rubber Chicken replied.


"Oh dear, oh dear," the Love Pig stuttered. He paced back and forth, his white wings fluttering wildly against his hot pink back. "This is bad. This is very bad."



"What do you mean, bad?" the Rubber Chicken shrieked. "I can't let anything bad happen to her!"

"I'm sorry to tell you this," the Love Pig said gravely. "But no one finds Skull Face. He finds them."

The Rubber Chicken's beak dangled open. "So you think--"

The Love Pig nodded. "Yes. She was kidnapped to be part of his captured Holiday Creatures."

The Rubber Chicken howled and fell to his orange feet. Burying his head in his feathers, he sobbed into his wings.


"Don't be worried, my feathered fowl pal!" the Noble Pig bellowed, pulling the Rubber Chicken to his feet. "I am the Love Pig! The cupid of pork! The Love Doctor of the Pond! The protector of critter hearts! The guardian of animal emotions"--

"That's all lovely," the Rubber Chicken interrupted. "But how does that help me?"

The pig snorted and fluttered his wings. "Because I know the Lady in Pink. And she is the only one in the whole Pond who has ever defeated the Skull Face."

"Really?" The Rubber Chicken jumped up and down. "How did she do that?"

"I don't know," the Love Pig replied. "We'll have to ask her."

To be continued....

Stay tuned, Invisible Friends! Tomorrow we have a special edition of Twirl, just as you requested. Then Sunday, a special announcement about a celebration in the Pond! And we have a whole new week of whimsical goodness coming up! Stay tuned!

41 comments:

Anonymous said...

'captured holiday creature'...LOVE IT!!!


Love your doggy wearing the necklace too!

Finla said...

I love you love pig.

Megan said...

The dog and the necklace is the cutest thing I've seen all week!

joanofalltrades said...

Very interesting blog! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Debbie said...

I rest easier knowing the cupid of pork is on the job.

Anonymous said...

This is so funny! I'm glad it was here for me to wake up to!

Lucy..♥ said...

LOVE THIS!!!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

I"m with everyone else, I love the pig.

Anonymous said...

Ooh. A cliff-hanger. I hope that mean old Skull Face doesn't hurt her.

Pam said...

Another cliff hanger - girl you are killing me.

My daughter has a similar pig with hearts - she loves it.

Anonymous said...

Too much fun.

-FringeGirl

Heatherlyn said...

The chocolate looks really good.

Kristina P. said...

Did you buys all these ornaments and animals for the story, or do you collect them?

Anonymous said...

I take it it was Bitty who laid claim to the necklace? ;)

I can't wait to see Skull Face...haha!

Marjie said...

"The Lady in Pink"...of course, she would know the answer!

Rosie said...

Oh I do love your pig and congrats on your gifts from Jen :0)

Rosie x

Reeni said...

The love pig is so cute!!

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

Love the way Bitty is rockin the jewels:)

Pink Cupid Pig is my hero!!!! Swoon...or should I say "swine..."

Heather said...

ohh! thank goodness for the love pig! i hope he has something good up his sleeve... or snout (ba dum ba)

Blythe said...

Your dog looks GREAT in that necklace.

And I never thought I would feel empathy for a rubber chicken. How terrible, to have your love captured to be part of a prison of holiday creatures...

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Oh, the Love Pig will sort this all out. He is invincible! So cute Duckie! I loved the picture of Bitty (or Bear - I get confused) in the necklace. You are sweet!

XOXOXOX
Jen

Denyse said...

Love Pig is adorable!
Thanks for stopping by on my special SITS day!

Bunny said...

Oh this is cute Miranda!

Anonymous said...

I wonder what she'll say to that adorable pink pig!!

Anonymous said...

LOL Man I love your blog and I love the love pig! LOL

BloggessJ said...

Love it! The love pig...so how does the lady in pink defeat Skull Face?

Grace said...

Love it! :)

Jolene said...

I can't wait to see what happens next...

Jeanne Estridge said...

I love a good story!

Anonymous said...

Ah yes...the Noble pig...ah-ha.

penguinsandladybugs said...

You are so funny....and creative!

Being Me said...

Hey there, thanks for leaving your concerned comment on my blog. I hope to catch up on the adventures of your characters some day soon (mind elsewhere ATM)! But for now, the photos of that ridiculous chicken has given me a smile this morning :)

Daddy's Boo Portraits said...

I like that rubber chicken I can't get to look on his face out my head.

Cakelaw said...

Bitty does look good in that necklace ...

Michelle said...

Haha....such a flippin cute story!

Printemps said...

funny, enjoyed . thanks for stopping by my blog

jasmine said...

what a sweet little gift!

MaryRC said...

bitty looks fab in her new adornment

boracay island philippines said...

so cute... i love it... very colorful

Nishant said...

dog and the necklace is the cutest thing I've seen all week!


Work From Home

kanishk said...

Very interesting blog!
post free classifieds