That's right. It's Culinary Artist Appreciation Day at the Pond! Can't you hear the trumpets blaring, the people cheering, feel the confetti sprinkle on your face?
Well, ya'll know I have the technical knowledge of a flea. Let's meet the nominees shall we?
1) Marie of A Year From Oak Cottage. Nominees said:
- "Not only is she a wonderful cook but she is so wise and you leave her site contemplating not only yummy food but the goodness of life."
- "I feel like I'd be well fed and cheerful if I ever made my way to her kitchen."
- "She makes me crazy happy with her recipes!"
- "Her music makes you want to dance and her food makes you want to stuff yourself to the gills!"
- "She's the best!"
- "These are simple, family-friendly and budget friendly recipes that even a moron like me can cook!"
3) Bunny at Bunny's Warm Oven. Nominees said:
- "An amazing baker..."
- "She has a chocolate bread that has me drooling in my slippers! Pass me a napkin!"
- "An encouraging friend and creative baker that comes up with the most delicious treats..."
4) Gattina of Kitchen Unplugged. Nominees said:
- "Simply exquisite."
- "She has the skills of a chef and a talent of an artist. You can see her creativity not only in her recipes but also in her photography. I feel strangely refreshed every time I visit her site."
5) Deep Fried Kudzu at Deep Fried Kudzu. Nominees said:
- "One post had scrambled hot dogs. How can you not like a blog about the South, food and frying things?"
- "I love to read her blog. She is so well informed and so well traveled."
6) Lidian at Kitchen Retro.
- "Her old recipes are fun and scary at the same time!"
- "It makes me feel like I'm having lunch at my grandmother's house. Not only do I get to travel to a different era, but I feel all cool and retro!"
Marie from A Year From Oak Cottage!
Congratulations! Marie was chosen by all the lovely Invisible Friends out there to be the winner of the Blond Duck Culinary Artist award!
In recognition of your award, your prize is that you get to take over the Pond for the day! On next Friday, Sept. 5, you get to do whatever you want in the Pond! You can request that I write a specific story, submit questions for me to answer, write your own guest post or make me stand on my head and post pictures of it. Whatever you like!
Congratulations to all nominees! You are all wonderful culinary artists, chefs, cooks and bakers and I feel blessed to know you.
And Marie--decide what you want to see on your computer screen Friday!
Thanks for participating!